Downloads for Alabama
If you’re looking to get off the beaten path in the U.S., take a drive through Alabama, where local diners, notable historic sites and sprawling beaches compete for your attention.
The Alabama Tourism Department has put together a series of 80 road trips designed to give visitors a guide for great two-or three-day getaways. Each of the road trips highlights the attractions, accommodations, restaurants and special events in the area. Visitors will also find great behind-the-scenes advice since each of the road trips was written by one of Alabama’s own veteran tourism department staff members or by local travel writers.
Destinations featured in the road trips include the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, the scenic beauty along the Lookout Mountain Parkway, Birmingham’s historic Five Points South neighbourhood, a Football Championship Tour of Tuscaloosa and Auburn, the Selma to Montgomery Civil Rights Trail, a romantic getaway to Mobile and family fun on the white sandy beaches of Gulf Shores and Orange Beach.
All the Alabama Road Trips are available online and also available for download as a smart phone app on the website - download here.
Grey Brennan, deputy director at Alabama Tourism said “This is a great travel app which enables visitors to begin trip planning in an interactive way and the mapping will provide context and information on each town and city. Alabama has countless destinations to discover, from sugar-white beaches and world-class golf to civil rights landmarks and award-winning restaurants. This easy, interactive guide makes it simple to plan an unforgettable road trip with your friends or family.”
The official Alabama Road Trips app helps you:
- Choose from dozens of road trips to any of Alabama’s signature cities and destinations
- Live it like a local, with tips on the most authentic Alabama experiences in each community
- Browse potential road trips by destination, such as cities or beaches
- Find places to stay, eat and explore in each community
- Search for road trips catered to specific interests, such as dining, shopping, history, arts, outdoor activities and many more
- Find nearby road trip suggestions when you’re already in Alabama
- View a state-wide map of Interstates, cities, towns and suggested road trip destinations
- Select your favourite road trips and save them for easy browsing later
Download the Free Alabama Road Trips app today to get started.
Alabama Travel Guide
Click on the image to download guide.
Other Guides Available For Download:
Our Travel Guide, Maps, Brochures and Videos can all be downloaded here or view our Deep South guide online. If you cannot find what you are looking for please complete our enquiry form and we will be happy to help.