FROM THE UK OR EUROPE:

CONTACT US  |  email icon

The best source for everything Deep South USA

starMENUstar
ALABAMA

Shopping in Alabama

Shopping in Alabama 

Alabama can please shoppers of all types from designer stores to Outlet Malls and the truly quirky, Alabama has them all!

  • Shopping in Scottsboro

Unclaimed Baggage Center in Scottsboro in the North of the state which is a one-of-a kind attraction. Since it’s doors first opened in 1970, Unclaimed Baggage Center has grown to become one of Alabama’s top tourist attractions. Although over 99.5% of domestic airline’s checked bags are picked up at the baggage carousel, lost luggage is an unfortunate part of airline travel. The airlines conduct an extensive three-month tracing process with the remaining 0.5% of unclaimed bags in an effort to reunite them with their owners, resulting in an astonishingly small fraction of a percent of bags that are ultimately orphaned. Claims are paid on these remaining lost bags and only then do the airlines sell the remaining unclaimed baggage property to Unclaimed Baggage Center. These purchasing agreements provide an important service to the airlines by giving a second life to unclaimed items.

  • Shopping in Huntsville

Huntsville has a great variety of shopping experiences. Located on the outskirts of Huntsville you will find Bridge Street Huntsville a mixed use entertainment area with over 80 shops and restaurants as well as a 14 Screen Movie Theatre. Harrison Brothers Hardware is in downtown Huntsville. The store first opened its doors in 1897 and retains its original historic features and sells good that reflect ‘American Made’ at its finest. They stock a selection of arts and crafts as well as other gift items

Also near to the downtown area you will find Lowe Mill, it’s the largest privately owned arts facility in the United States. With a focus on visual arts, this huge historic factory building has been redeveloped into 148 working studios for over 200 artists and makers, 6 galleries, a theatre, and performance venues.

  • Shopping in Birmingham

Located approximately 20 minutes from downtown Birmingham and close to Barber Motorsports park are the Shops of Grand River an outlet shopping mall that’s home to more than 70 leading designer and top brand outlets and factory stores.

  • Shopping in Foley

Foley is home to recently opened OWA. OWA means big water in the Muscogee Creek language, and that’s what you can see from the peaks of OWA’s highest amusement park rides. As well as the amusement park, Downtown OWA has a selection of shops and restaurants.

A short ride away from OWA you will find Tanger Outlets with over 100 stores offering discounted goods, it’s a great place to spend a few hours.

  • Shopping in Orange Beach/Gulf Shores

Shopping at The Wharf is a unique experience. The Wharf is home to dozens of locally one of a kind shops and boutiques designed to delight the most seasoned shopper, featuring fashion, home interiors, sports gear and souvenirs.  The Wharf often hosts events such as food and wine festivals, Shrimp festivals and movies on the lawn. There are a variety of restaurants, ranging from fine dining to southern flair or local seafood. The wharf has an active nightlife where you can listen to live music, whilst enjoying a drink in a Daiquiri bar or boat bar.

 

What to do

  • Family Fun in Deep South USA

    Family

    From the great outdoors, to fantastic shows and parks...
    Artists performing at Grand Ole Opry

    Music

    For American music, all roads lead to the Deep South...
    History of Deep South USA

    History

    Travelling through the Deep South is a history lesson in itself!
  • Deep South USA Cuisine

    Cuisine

    Sample a taste of the real Deep South…
    Heritage of Deep South USA

    Heritage

    Discover our colourful cultural beginnings…
    Man playing gold in Deep South USA

    Golf

    Perfect your Southern swing in stunning settings…

ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama Tourism Logo  Kentucky Tourism  Louisiana Tourism  Visit Mississippi Tourism Tennessee Tourism