Discover the rhythm of southern USA on a Grand American Adventures 'Deep South & Delta Blues' tour, including return economy flights to Atlanta.
Waitrose are offering you the chance to journey through America's cultural and musical heritage; from the beginning of Country music to the birth of Blues, Rock 'n' Roll and Jazz. Mix in the fascinating history of a bygone era, the rich soul food that typifies the region and a truly laid back pace of life to complete the perfect southern recipe for your American adventure.
The competition winner and a companion will join the Grand American Adventures 'Deep South & Delta Blues' tour, which traces the roots of American music in the Deep South along the mighty Mississippi, experiencing the unique cultural landscape that gave birth to the Blues, Country and Rock 'n' Roll. You'll experience the sights and sounds at Music Row in Nashville, on Beale Street in Memphis and along Bourbon Street in New Orleans. To top it off you'll savour authentic cuisine and southern hospitality on a relaxing Mississippi boat cruise.
Highlights on the 'Deep South & Delta Blues' tour include:
- Cajun culture and cuisine
- Jack Daniel's Distillery tour
- Two nights in Nashville - the country music capital
- Two nights in Memphis plus Elvis' Graceland Mansion
- Beale Street blues bars in Memphis
- Visit Elvis' birthplace in Tupelo
- Take the Mississippi River Road to Natchez
- Stay in a historic Natchez property
- Visit the Houmas House Plantation and Gardens
- Three nights soaking up blues and jazz in New Orleans
- Mississippi Riverboat dinner cruise