The attractions and locations of New Orleans Plantation Country are featured in several Hollywood productions premiering this year. Ranging from music videos to feature movies, the 2016 productions join an extensive list of projects shot locally over the last two years including Into the Badlands, NCIS-New Orleans and the Astronaut Wives Club.
With Django Unchained, 12 Years a Slave and True Detective filmed throughout the area, New Orleans Plantation Country is no stranger to high-profile productions and A-List actors having several features airing in 2015 alone. This year's productions include:
- Roots (Remake) - Based on the Alex Haley book of the same name, Roots is a remake of the popular 1970's mini-series. Evergreen, St. Joseph and Felicite Plantations are all featured locations in the large production.
- Free State of Jones - Set during the Civil War, Free State of Jones is based on the true story of Southern farmers rebelling against the Confederacy after the secession of Mississippi. Several areas of Evergreen Plantation were used for the feature including the main house. Free State stars Academy Award Winner Matthew McConaughey, Keri Russel and Gugu Mbatha-Raw.
- Quarry - Based on a novel, the upcoming Cinemax Series follows a Marine struggling with his return to civilian life after the Vietnam War. Evergreen Plantation was once again used for filming. Set to premiere in 2016, Quarry stars Logan-Marshall Green and Jodi Balfour.
- Queen Sugar - Adapted from the Queen Sugar novel written by Louisiana native, Natalie Basile, the TV series Queen Sugar centres on a sugarcane farming African-American family. Both St. Joseph Plantation and St. John Center Soundstage are used as primary filming locations. Area hospitals, homes, schools and even a jail serve as locations for the Oprah Winfrey/Ava DuVernay produced show, Queen Sugar.
- Lemonade - A portion of Beyonce's much talked about tv movie Lemonade was shot at Destrehan Plantation.
- Mudbound - Based on a book of the same name, Mudbound follows two men as they return home from World War II to work on a farm in rural Mississippi. Felicite Plantation and St. Joseph Plantation were used as central filming locations for the production. Mudbound stars Garrett Hedlund, Carey and Mary J. Blige.
If you would like further information on New Orleans Plantation Country email email@example.com.