Fancy a bite? You’re never far from excellent eats in the South, be it a home-made barbecue sandwich or a star-quality ten-course dinner. If it’s truly Southern comfort you want, we got you covered. The Blue & White Restaurant has been a local Tunica favourite since 1924.
Back then it doubled as a Greyhound-bus stop, news stand and petrol station, operated by the Pure Oil Company. In 1937, Pure moved the Blue & White to its current location on Blues Highway 61, where it has been satisfying thousands of travellers and multiple generations of locals ever since.
What makes this a real Mississippi must-eat is that owners Steven Barbieri and Joe Weiss make sure that tradition runs deep at the Blue & White. Everything’s fresh and cooked from scratch by a family-driven staff. And it shows: the classic American diner interior – all blue and white, of course – attracts the peckish like a magnet, while the mouth-watering menu keeps them coming back for more. Southern staples like fried green tomatoes, BBQ pork, biscuits & gravy and chicken & dumplings will blow your socks off.
One look at its customers will tell you all you need to know. Every meal here comes with a hearty slice of life, varying from casino fans, riverboat captains and blues travellers to Tunica’s mayor and local law enforcement, which is proudly powered by Blue & White’s unforgettable donuts. Enjoy!
Sound good? For more info, email us at email@example.com
- Blue & White Restaurant: http://blueandwhiterestaurant.com/
- Tunica: https://tunicatravel.com/
- Blues Highway 61: http://www.msbluestrail.org/blues-trail-markers/highway-61-north
- Mouth-watering menu: http://blueandwhiterestaurant.com/files/blue%20and%20white%20Sept%202015.pdf
- Casino fans: https://tunicatravel.com/tunica-casino/
- Riverboat captains: https://tunicatravel.com/things-to-do/cultural-attractions/tunica-riverpark-and-museum/
- Blues travellers: https://tunicatravel.com/blues/