Autumn on Coastal Mississippi lets you discover a region that is perfectly poised to surprise and delight, offering all the relaxation, adventure and variety that travellers want & need.
The Secret Coast’s temperate climate, along with its astounding natural beauty and rich, unique culture, makes for the perfect fall destination. While the weather starts to cool in other areas, visitors to The Secret Coast can explore 62 miles of scenic shoreline long into the autumn months. Coastal Mississippi offers an incredible amount to do, see and experience for all. From outdoor activities, such as kayaking, boating, fishing and hiking, to a wide variety of attractions, museums, seasonal festivals, world-class gaming, a booming culinary scene, and championship golf courses, visitors can design their own perfect fall getaway to Coastal Mississippi.
Fall in Love on a Secret Coast Getaway
- Take your loved ones on a scenic road trip. Highway 90 runs all the way from West Texas to East Florida, but the most beautiful part is right here in Coastal Mississippi. Scenic Highway 90 takes you right by the Gulf of Mexico and a 26-mile-long beach (view video HERE), all the way from Waveland to Moss Point, across two stunning bay bridges and right past many historic sights worth seeing. On your Highway 90 journey between the Louisiana and Alabama borders, you will pass through several beautiful and unique towns, all offering their own charming personality.
- Stroll through friendly, laid-back towns packed with art, retail, restaurants, and culture. Along Coastal Mississippi’s 62 miles of scenic shoreline, you will discover 12 distinct coastal communities, dotted like pearls across the shores of the Mississippi Sound. From nature-based and water activities, to beautiful, eclectic downtown areas, world-class museums, attractions, gaming, and a booming culinary scene, there is always something new to experience on The Secret Coast. Pick up a one-of-a-kind gift from a range of artisanal retailers, enjoy public art around every corner, and take a seat at one of the many bars and restaurants to enjoy an array of local delicacies, soak up the unique coastal atmosphere and take in the beautiful views.
- Enjoy The Secret Coast’s glorious sunsets. Take a sunset boat trip on the Biloxi Schooner or the Betsy Ann Riverboat for a view from the water – and be sure to look out for dolphins! Sink your toes in the sugar-white sand and watch the sunset from 26 miles of uninterrupted beach. Insider tip: book a fire pit on the beach to snuggle up with s’mores as you take in the beautiful night sky – making great holiday memories!
- Wine and dine your loved one at first-class eateries. Coastal Mississippi’s culinary scene is booming, offering a vast array of gastronomic delights including seasonal fall specials. From quaint seafood spots serving Gulf-fresh seafood with a view, to sustainable fine dining and fusion cuisine, there is something to satisfy every taste bud on The Secret Coast. Once home to the “Seafood Capital of the World”, you can be sure to find some of the freshest Gulf catches at eateries across the region. With a fascinating “gumbo” of cultures and communities, from French and Spanish, to Cajun influences from their Louisiana neighbours, to a large Vietnamese and Croatian population who chose to call Coastal Mississippi home due to its vital role in the maritime and seafood industry, The Secret Coast’s culinary offerings are perfectly poised to surprise and delight. Alfresco dining options are abundant, as the region boasts a year-round temperate climate and plenty of space to enjoy local delicacies on downtown patios or on the waterfront, overlooking stunning views of the Mississippi Sound.
- Enjoy the serenity of Coastal Mississippi’s unique landscape and paddle along the bayous, bays and rivers. Adventure is in the palm of your hand, and you can choose from a multitude of blueways to canoe, kayak and paddle your way through the warm Gulf waters.
- Treat yourselves to a couple’s spa date at one of the 12 world-class casino resorts. In peaceful Coastal Mississippi, you’ll find plenty of ways to de-stress and unwind.
- Coastal Mississippi offers an array of lodging options to cater to any preference, from luxury casino resorts and international hotel brands, to boutique hotels and coastal bed-and-breakfast inns.
Autumnal Activities for The Family
- Thanks to the temperate climate and phenomenal natural beauty, Coastal Mississippi is a year-round destination for outdoor activities. There’s some great outdoor experiences on offer, such as kayaking, paddleboarding, fishing, boating and even a 70-minute marine life shrimping trip, a wonderful excursion for the entire family, showcasing exactly how shrimp and other marine life live and end up on our plates!
- The Secret Coast boasts an abundance of educational attractions and experiences for kids of all ages. The brand new Mississippi Aquarium offers a deep dive into native marine life, dolphins, an aviary and touch tanks. The Pascagoula River Audubon Center is an interactive portal for all ages, with educational displays, activities and a boat tour through the river and bayous. For the budding astronauts, the INFINITY Science Center uncovers everything there is to know about space travel.
- Discover the spooky side of The Secret Coast with a unique Halloween experiences, including a ghost boat ride through the rivers and bayous, where you can enjoy the thrill of the unknown, learn of local hauntings, and explore the legends and lore of ghostly pirates, including famed pirate Jean Lafitte!
- Treat the family to delicious local cuisine. Coastal Mississippi has an array of dining options, from coastal casual to upscale, so all taste buds are sure to be satisfied!
- The Secret Coast offers an array of family-friendly lodging options to cater to any preference, from luxury casino resorts and international hotel brands, to boutique hotels and coastal bed-and-breakfast inns.
For more information on fall in Coastal Mississippi and to plan your next visit to The Secret Coast, email firstname.lastname@example.org.