Kentucky Bourbon Eggnog
Eggnog is pretty much synonymous with Christmas for some people - what other time of year would you drink something that's basically booze spiked custard?!? And homemade eggnog is definitely the best so why not add a Kentucky touch and make it Bourbon Eggnog....yum!
4 large eggs
6oz granulated sugar
1tsp nutmeg (freshly ground)
2oz Grand Marnier (or a vanilla liqueur)
4oz Kentucky Bourbon - choose your favourite or make different batches!
12oz whole milk
8oz double cream
Make the day before and allow extra time for all the flavours to marry together and infuse to make it extra delicious!
- Mix eggs together for 1 minute using a whisk.
- Add sugar and spice and blend for another 30 seconds.
- Slowly add liquors and blend for another 30 seconds.
- Add milk and cream, mix together, cover and refrigerate.
- Grate fresh nutmeg or cinnamon on top to serve.