Bon Appétit Appalachia
Bon Appétit Appalachia includes farm tours, farmers markets, farm-to-fork restaurants, festivals and events, vineyards and wineries and craft breweries in Kentucky’s Appalachia region. Here are some of the best places you can visit:
- Red River Rockhouse (Campton) - an eclectic, American cafe located in the heart of the Red River Gorge!
- Snug Hollow Farm Bed and Breakfast (Irvine) - "1 of the 5 Most Romantic Places of the South", Southern Living Magazine. A secluded 300 acre organic farm and sanctuary nestled in the Red Lick Valley of Estill County, 20 miles from Berea & 45 miles from Lexington. Whether it is bird watching, lending a hand in the garden, stargazing, or a weekend sitting in the sun by the pond, this snug little hollow has a restful charm that may add a new dimension to your life
- Ale-8-One Bottling Plant (Winchester) - Ale-8-One soft drink has been bottled in Winchester since 1926 and is the only soft drink invented in Kentucky still in existence. Tours of the factory are offered on Thursday and Friday mornings by appointment
- The Bluebird (Stanford) - great food made from the finest local purveyors and producers, Marksbury Farms
- Country Girl At Heart Farm Bed & Breakfast (Munfordville) - “A place where you can get your hands dirty or just put your feet up.” Nestled among green rolling hills in Hart County, Kentucky with Louisville, Lexington, Bowling Green, and Nashville, Tennessee all just one to two hours away, delight in one of five uniquely-themed bedrooms with private baths overlooking rolling hills, fireflies and countless brilliant stars. Join us for farm activities in the garden, gather eggs in the barn, or spend some time in the workshop with any number of hands-on projects
- Cedar Creek Vineyards (Somerset) - A winery and vineyards located in Eastern Pulaski County surrounded by beautiful vistas. Cedar Creek offers a variety of wines ranging from dry to semi-sweet including wine tasting for their on-site made wines