The Bluegrass state is known for many things, such as horse racing and bluegrass music, but Kentucky is known the world over as the epicentre for all things Bourbon. This uniquely Southern drink has been produced in Kentucky for centuries, with a legacy of distilleries that still operate today. With their interest in distilling, it’s no wonder that Kentuckians have now also become brew masters. Over the last few decades, the state has become a part of the craft brewery movement that is spreading across the nation and Lexington has an exciting and growing craft beer community.
- Rooster Brew (Paris) – discover great locally crafted brews
- West Sixth Brewing (Lexington) – Great place to taste some locally-brewed craft beer
- Blue Stallion Brewing Company (Lexington) - Brewery & Bar
- Country Boy Brewing (Lexington) – Brewery & Bar
- Alltech Lexington Brewing and Distilling Company (Lexington) - The Alltech’s Lexington Brewing and Distilling Company — better known as Kentucky Ale® — in downtown Lexington, has been brewing award-winning beers since 2000. They have since developed a line of spirits including Bluegrass Sundown™, Pearse Lyons Reserve™, and our newest beverage, Town Branch® Bourbon. Tours of the brewery and distillery are available every day to the public.
- Beer Engine (Danville) - Get a spectacular brew from the oldest brewery in the per-capita microbrew capital of the world: Danville, Kentucky