The Bourbon Line
You're on a bourbon-country-bound collective, headed to Northern Kentucky via the B-Line. There's no set order of events or requirements for entry, just a mish-mash of distilleries, bars, restaurants and sellers who are here to help you find your sipping point!
Imagine this...an experience centred around three Kentucky Bourbon Trail Craft Tour® Distilleries: New Riff Distilling, Boone County Distilling Co. and The Old Pogue Distillery. Add five bourbon-centric bars, all with a culture of their own and four amazing restaurants cultivating the freshest tastes in Bourbon culinary delights and you're on the B-Line.
On the very edge and beginning of the "Bourbon State" - Kentucky - and the very epicenter of Bourbon culture and history after crossing the true Bourbon Line, the Ohio River. A short B-Line away from the hear of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail® and a place to create your own unique bourbon experience.
Find Your Sipping Point
Distilleries on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail Craft Tour®
• Boone County Distilling Company
- Tours $5 with complimentary tasting at 12:30pm, 2pm & 3:30pm everyday
• New Riff Distilling
- Distillery Tour, Free tours that give you a firsthand look at the distillery. One of the guides will lead you on an in-depth journey through the nooks and crannies of the distilling process, from grain to barrel. After each tour, you'll be offered a complimentary tasting of a variety of spirits. Tours and tasting usually last between 45 and 60 minutes.
- Insider Distiller’s Tour – Last Thursday of every month. A Distiller’s Tour and Seminar. Led by one of the distillers, this 90-minute tour is for those looking for a more in depth take on the distilling process, opportunity to taste special limited offerings, pre-production barrel samples, specialty malts, and more. $15/person includes tasting glass.
- Sign up online prior to guarantee spot on tour (15 ppl max per tour). Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday tours at 4pm, 5pm & 6pm. Friday & Saturday tours 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm & 6pm. Sunday tours at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, & 3pm.
• Old Pogue Distillery
- Tours are offered by appointment Thursday through Saturday typically at 11am and 2pm, and Sunday at 2pm with complimentary tasting.
Just started making Bourbon and will become members of the Craft Bourbon Tour in the next year.
• Neeley Family Distilling
- Making moonshine, rum, vodka, & gin and a new unbranded bourbon. Run by is an 11th Generation Moonshiner.
• Second Sight Spirits
- Making Rum, Spiced Rum & Bourbon Barreled Rum as well as Oak Eye Bourbon. Free Tours include tastings. No reservations required for groups 6 or less. Thursday 12:30pm, 2pm, & 4pm. Friday & Saturday at 12:30pm, 2pm, 4pm & 6pm
Bars in Northern Kentucky
• Old Kentucky Bourbon Bar (300+ bourbons), 629 Main Street, Covington, KY 41011. Monday – Thursday open 4pm- 12am. Friday - Sunday Open 12pm-1am
• Wiseguy Lounge (150+ bourbons), 603 Main Street, Covington, KY 41011. Located on 2nd level of Goodfellas Pizza (amazing NY style pizza). Thursday – Saturday Open 11am-2:30am. Sundays - Wednesday Open 11am-12am
• Prohibition Bourbon Bar (150+ bourbons), 530 Washington Avenue, Newport, KY 41071. Located at Newberry Bros Coffee. Features the largest collection of bourbons & rye whiskeys in the world (Over 1,500). Also, great selection of Scotch, Irish & Japanese whiskeys. Thursday open 5:00pm – 11pm. Friday & Saturday open 5pm-1am. 3rd Sundays of the month open 9am-1pm.
• Bourbon Haus 1841 (150+ bourbons), 522 Main Street, Covington, KY 41011. Largest selection of bourbon flights in Mainstrasse. Friday & Saturday open 2pm-1am. Monday - Thursday open 2pm-12am. Sunday open 12pm-12am.
• The B-List (40 bourbons), 343 Division Street, Bellevue, KY 41073. Monday - Friday open 3pm-2am. Saturday & Sunday open 12pm-2am.
• The Hannaford (50 bourbons), 619 Madison Avenue, Covington, KY 41011. Monday - Friday open 4pm-2am. Saturday & Sunday open 12pm-2am.
• The Globe (100 bourbons), 12 E. 5th Street, Covington, KY 41011. Tuesday- Thursday open 1pm-11pm. Friday & Saturday open 4pm- 1am. Closed Sunday.
Restaurants in Northern Kentucky
• Tousey House Tavern (100+ bourbons), 5963 N. Jefferson Street, Burlington, KY 41005. Experience their hospitality and southern cuisine in a relaxed and casual atmosphere. For special occasions, family-style chicken night or a great salad or sandwich at lunch, they strive to make The Tousey House a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Escape the hustle and bustle of the city to this one-of-a-kind setting in the heart of historic Burlington, Kentucky. Tuesday – Thursday open 11am-9pm. Friday – Saturday open 11am-10pm. Sunday open 10am-8pm. Closed Mondays.
• The Purple Poulet (approx. 100 bourbons), 603 Sixth Avenue, Dayton, KY 41074. Southern bourbon bistro inspired by the cuisines of Charleston and New Orleans with an infusion of Kentucky. Tuesday- Thursday open 5pm-9pm. Friday & Saturday open 5-10pm. Closed Sunday & Mondays.
• Smoke Justis (58 bourbons), 302 Court Street, Covington, KY 41011. Great bar-b-que. Monday open 4pm-1am. Tuesday – Thursday open 11am-1am. Friday & Saturday open 11am-2am. Sunday open 11am-12am.
• The Commonwealth Bistro (25-30 bourbons), 621 Main Street, Covington, KY 41011. Dinner Tuesday – Saturday open 5:30pm-10pm & Sunday 5:30pm-8:30pm. Lunch Tuesday – Friday open 11am-2pm. Brunch Saturday & Sunday open 10am-2pm. Closed Mondays.
• Coppin’s Restaurant (68 bourbons), 683 Madison Avenue, Covington, KY 41011. Located inside Hotel Covington. Monday – Thursday open 11am- 9pm. Friday open 11am- 10pm. Saturday open 6:30am-12am. Sunday open 6:30am-9pm.
• The Elusive Cow Café (25+ bourbons), 519 Fairfield Avenue, Bellevue, KY 41073. The Elusive Cow embodies the celebratory and gathering spirit of food. Locally sourced, high-quality, organic, natural ingredients are the ideal for any culinary endeavor and this nomadic cow is bringing a simple, honest culinary perspective to a genre of food that has largely lost its way. Sunday, Tuesday – Thursday open 11am-10pm. Friday & Saturdays open 11am-1am. Closed Mondays.
• Bouquet Restaurant (130-140 bourbons), 519 Main Street, Covington, KY 41011. Bouquet Restaurant is an upscale farm-to-table bistro opened in 2007 by Stephen Williams. As one of the first restaurants in the area to embrace local and sustainable farming as a cornerstone of its mission, Bouquet’s menu is constantly evolving to utilize the best products from over fifty farmers and purveyors. In addition to an eclectic and ever-changing offering of small plates, entrees, and desserts, Bouquet has become known for their monthly four-course tastings and extensive bourbon collection. Monday – Thursday 5pm-10pm. Friday & Saturday 5pm-1am. Closed Sunday.
Wonderful places to find and take home the good stuff!
• The Party Source, 95 Riviera Drive, Bellevue, KY 41073. Largest selection of bourbons in region and the World’s Largest Liquor Store. Monday – Wednesday 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday 8:00 a.m. – midnight. Sunday 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
• DEP’s Fine Wine and Spirits Two Locations: Covington – 670 West 3rd Street Covington, KY 41011 and Fort Thomas 424 Alexandria Pike Fort Thomas, KY 41075. Large Selection of Bourbons including many barrel and bottle select picks. Both locations have same hours: Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. Friday & Saturday 9:00 a.m. – midnight. Sunday 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 pm.