Louisiana Music Top Picks
Each region of the state offers its own unique contribution to Louisiana's musical heritage. It's the birthplace of Jazz, Zydeco, and Cajun Music. But it's also home to many other diverse musical genres - such as Blues, Country, Hip-Hop, Gospel, Brass-Hop, Rockabilly, and Rock 'n' Roll. With so much to choose from, rounding up the best music attractions hasn't been easy!
- Unsurprisingly, top of our list is New Orleans Mardi Gras. A 'bucket list' favourite, this is the festival to top all festivals. A wonderful street party of colour and sound, there are more than 60 parades during the festival, featuring a variety of krewes which each have a unique history and theme.
- Also in New Orleans is the hugely popular Jazz & Heritage Festival (also known as Jazz Fest). Whilst Jazz artists do feature at this festival, there's much more to it - with music encompassing all genres connected to the Louisiana.
- For Jazz aficionados, Preservation Hall in New Orleans' French Quarter is somewhere not to be missed. This live Jazz Music venue is host to traditional New Orleans jazz acts, with multiple shows each night.
- Fans of Louis Armstrong should check out the Satchmo Festival in August - Satchmo Summerfest is a 3-day jazz festival that centres around Louis Armstrong's birthday. Great music, great food, amazing atmosphere - the perfect New Orleans experience!
- Although primarily a food festival, celebrating Louisiana crawfish and Cajun cuisine, the Mudbug Madness Festival is also worth attending for the great live music acts. Zydeco, Cajun, Blues, and Jazz music gives this festival an authentic Louisiana soundtrack. Live music and delicious authentic Louisiana food - what's not to love?!
- If you're visiting Louisiana in mid-April, the French Quarter Festival is a must! This is the largest free music event in the US, with over 400 hours of live entertainment - NOLA sure knows how to throw a party!
Please get in touch with our expert Louisiana team if you want more detail or have any questions; we're here to make sure that your Deep South trip is perfect.