Mississippi mud pie
For the base: 300g bourbon biscuits crushed, 75g butter melted
For the filling: 85g dark chocolate 70% cocoa solids, 85g butter, 2 free-range eggs, 85g muscovado sugar, 100ml double cream
For the fudge Sauce: 150g dark chocolate 70% cocoa solids, 150ml double cream, 3 tbsp golden syrup, 175g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C/365F/Gas 4.
- Mix the biscuits and melted butter together in a bowl. Press the mixture into the base and sides of a 23cm/9in springfrom tin. Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- For the filling, melt the chocolate and butter together in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. (Do not let the base of the bowl touch the water).
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and sugar together in a bowl for 5-6 minutes, or until thick and creamy. Fold in the cream and melted chocolate mixture. Pour into the chilled spring form tin and bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes, or until just set. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for the fudge sauce, heat all of the fudge sauce ingredients in a saucepan, stirring regularly, over a medium heat until the mixture is smooth and glossy. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Spread the sauce over the cooled pie and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes. Serve with double cream.