Mississippi Gulf Coast
Experience the promise of unlimited possibility and the joy of discovery along Coastal Mississippi’s 62 miles of scenic shoreline overlooking the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Feed your sense of adventure while recharging your batteries, whether you crave beachfront relaxation, thrilling outdoor activities or world-class gaming. Here, you'll find endless choices and open-ended experiences.
The Secret Coast’s temperate climate, along with its astounding natural beauty, makes for the perfect year-round destination. There is an incredible amount to do, see and experience across Coastal Mississippi: from outdoor activities, such as kayaking, boating, fishing and hiking, to a wide variety of attractions, museums, festivals, world-class gaming and championship golf courses. Each coastal community across the region has something different to offer; from scenic harbor towns and beautiful, walkable downtown areas shaded with live oaks, to world-renowned shows and casino headliner entertainment. When it comes to food, this is the place to be! From quaint coastal seafood spots to fine dining, the Mississippi Gulf Coast has it all.
There is always something to celebrate in Coastal Mississippi, with festivals held throughout the year, showcasing the region's crafts, artisan-made items, local delicacies, seafood, talented musicians and much more. The Secret Coast offers an array of lodging options to cater to any preference, from luxury casino resorts and international hotel brands, to boutique hotels and coastal bed-and-breakfast inns. For a full list of accommodations, dining, attractions, excursions, and much more, visit coastalmississippi.com.
Top Things To Do in Coastal Mississippi
- Thanks to the temperate climate and phenomenal natural beauty, Coastal Mississippi is a year-round destination for outdoor activities. There's unique outdoor experiences, such as world-class golfing, kayaking, paddle boarding, birding, fishing, boating our many waterways, Schooner sails and even a 70-minute marine life shrimping trip, an absolutely wonderful excursion for the entire family that shows you exactly how shrimp and other marine life live and end up on our plates!
- Have some fun in the sun and explore the barrier islands that sit just miles off Coastal Mississippi. With white-sand beaches and beautiful Gulf waters, the islands are an ideal day trip. While all of the barrier islands offer something unique that is worth exploring, Ship Island is the most accessible to travellers thanks to its ferry service out of Biloxi and Gulfport.
- The culinary scene is booming: the Mississippi Coast has a huge variety of gastronomic offerings, from beach seafood shacks serving the freshest gulf seafood, to fine dining and fusion cuisine. There is something to satisfy every taste bud and you can take a cooking class to experience the very essence of Coastal Mississippi’s culinary scene.
- The Secret Coast’s art scene is an absolute gem: get your culture fix at the world-renowned Ohr-O’Keefe Museum of Art (designed by famous architect Frank Gehry!), and discover the beautifully eccentric world of the illustrious Anderson family at the Walter Anderson Museum of Art and Shearwater Pottery Workshop and Showroom. Ocean Springs and Bay St. Louis boast wonderfully creative, walkable downtown areas amongst the ancient live oaks, where you can wander in and out of shops, galleries, bars and restaurants all day long.
- There is always something to celebrate in Coastal Mississippi, find festivals held across the Coast throughout the year, showcasing the region’s crafts, artisan-made items, local delicacies, seafood, talented musicians and much more including Cruisin' The Coast held every October.
- Gaming and entertainment – with 12 casino resorts featuring headlining entertainment, bars, restaurants and on-property attractions, there is always something new to experience.
- To get to the moon, you must go through Mississippi first! The INFINITY Science Center is NASA's official visitor center for the Stennis Space Center, and offers a blend of space, Earth science, engineering and technology content, spiced with innovative programming, that leverages expertise from the area's leading-edge research and test operations. This combination guarantees an experience you will not find anywhere else.
More information at coastalmississippi.com