VISITORS TO OUR WEBSITE
You are not required to register your details with us to use our website https://www.deep-south-usa.com (the “Site”). Deep South USA (represented by Lofthouse Enterprises, Travel & Tourism Marketing and 5F Marketing Ltd) does use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. Deep South USA do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is processed in a way which does not identify anyone and is not shared with third parties.
Deep South USA does not make or allow Google to make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. Deep South USA will make it clear when it collects personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it. If you would like to opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as name, address, postcode, email, telephone number and areas of interest.
- Information provided to us when you communicate via phone or email for any reason.
- We also collect anonymised publicly available information from social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter, for example likes, shares, tweets and posts about Deep South USA. This information is used for internal analysis purposes only.
USE OF INFORMATION
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our services including newsletters.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes
We will use your email address to send you email marketing (including our newsletter & information about competitions) where you have signed up to receive this from us.
You can opt out of receiving marketing emails at any time by either following the instructions to unsubscribe in any of our email marketing communications or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use Competition Data for the purposes of allowing you to participate in competitions and to carry out any activities required in relation to those competitions, for example contacting you to let you know you have won a prize and using your address to send your prize to you.
COOKIES USED ON THIS SITE
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
The two type of cookies used on this site are classified as "Strictly Necessary" and "Performance" cookies.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
We use "Strictly Necessary" cookies to:
- Administrate website content
- Make sure you connect to the right service on our website when we make any changes to the way the website works
Cookies we have defined as 'Strictly Necessary' cookies will NOT be used to:
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you
- Remember your preferences or username beyond your current visit
There is one cookie that we use on this site that is defined as "strictly necessary" cookies:
This has a randomly generated name (eg "2a8ff4c2f40bef232b830aa" ) and it is used to keep the session live so that an administrator can update the website. It doesn't store any confidential information and is destroyed as soon as the session ends (when you close the browser).
We use performance cookies to:
- Provide statistics on how our website is used
- Help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur
Cookies we have defined as 'Performance' cookies will NOT be used to:
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you on other websites
- Target adverts to you on any other website
In some cases, some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties, but we don't allow the third party to use the cookies for any purpose other than those listed above.
There are four cookies that we use on this site that are defined as "performance" cookies:
_utma Identifies unique visitors
_utmb Tracks the referral source of your visit.
_utmc Determines the length of time of your visit to this site.
_utmz Determines visitor navigation within this site.
Cookie: Google Analytics
Description: To understand how people use our site, and to discover areas on our site with issues, we use Google Analytics. Most websites use some sort of analytics program like this. The data it collects helps us see things like how many people visit our site, which country they are from, how many pages they visited, how fast our site is loaded, and so on. All data collected is completely anonymous, it does not identity you as an individual in any way.
Description: Joomla is the Content Management System (CMS) that runs this website. It sets a cookie when logging in and out and is essential for proper website operation. It is only set if you are a registered user, so for most people it is not set at all. User data is all anonymous.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO THESE TERMS
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. You will be informed of any changes so your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to a fee which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. There's a time limit of 30 days to act on a request. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Deep South USA welcomes your views on the site and this policy. You can also contact us if you wish us to provide you with the details of information that we hold on you.
If you would like to contact Deep South USA with any queries or comments please use the following details: