Welcome to Deep South USA...it’s great to see y’all!
Where do you go for a generous helping of music, festivals, cuisine, culture, history, civil rights and the great outdoors? Alabama, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee can't wait to meet you. If you ever wondered what makes the Deep South so special the answer is simple: Southerness.
It's been responsible for the birth of America's music, the invention of the cocktail and a world-leading reputation for hospitality. And although the food of Deep South USA was a relative secret until recently, the culinary world now knows it has all the hallmarks of what makes the region great: the variety and range of influences, a dedication to flavour, a love of partying and a celebration of home.
The front porch of the South...
- Horses, bourbon and bluegrass are the well-known signatures, but the Commonwealth of Kentucky offers the finest in dining, arts, entertainment, history and thrilling outdoor adventure as well.
- Visit the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, tour a Thoroughbred horse farm or dive deeper into history at the birthplaces of Abraham Lincoln, 16th President, and Bill Monroe, the father of Bluegrass music.
- Trace the iconic rise of "The Greatest of All Time" Muhammad Ali, with a tour of his native Louisville.
- 95% of "America's Native Spirit" is distilled, aged and bottled in Kentucky. Learn about this fascinating industry with tours of distilleries along the Kentucky Bourbon Trail.
It's a feeling. A spirit. Found in every string played. Every road travelled and memory made. It's the beauty. The music. The experiences. That can only be....Made In Tennessee #madeintn...
- No matter the reason for your travel, whether for relaxation, outdoor adventure, great music or a history lesson, it's all right here.
- Tennessee features the big city lights of Nashville, Memphis, Chattanooga and Knoxville, small town squares, pristine waterways, scrumptious barbecue, the world's No.1 whiskey at Jack Daniel Distillery and America's most visited national park, Great Smoky Mountains.
Get to the real 'Heart of Dixie'...
- Alabama has been at the crossroads of American history since the beginning.
- See Civil War battlefields, tour antebellum mansions or visit Montgomery, Selma and Birmingham, where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and many others changed the nation and the world in its wake.
- Explore the final frontier in Huntsville's U.S. Space & Rocket Center, the largest space attraction on the planet.
- Got rhythm? Meet the King of Country Music Hank Williams and hear the stories behind the music of Muscle Shoals' FAME studios. You'll be singing 'Sweet Home Alabama' all year long.
Still got the blues? Come on down to Mississippi...
- Thrilling live music, history, outdoor fun and authentic down-home cooking. You'll be glad you did!
- There's a lot to love between the lush Mississippi Delta and the year-round sunny Gulf Coast beaches.
- Explore the historic Natchez Trace Parkway or look for more than 190 markers along the Mississippi Blues Trail.
- Remember to find your way to the Elvis Presley Birthplace in Tupelo, the new GRAMMY Museum Mississippi and the spectacular B.B.King Museum & Delta Interpretive Center.
- Mississippi is where the true South meets the good life.
In Louisiana, you pick your passion and let the good times roll...
- The exotic sister State has a unique blend of food, music, history, sports and nature at their best, steeped in the colourful legacy of the French, Spanish, British, Carribean and African cultures.
- Discover bayous and gators in the Southern wild and tour historic towns and stately plantation homes while you're at it.
- Immerse yourself in lively places like Shreveport, Baton Rouge, Lake Charles, Lafayette and New Orleans, the birthplace of jazz and home to Mardi Gras and the stunningly beautiful French Quarter.
- It's all Louisiana, all the time.