Welcome to Deep South USA...it’s great to see y’all!
Where in the world do you go for a generous helping of music, festivals, cuisine, culture, history, civil rights and the great outdoors? It's got to be the Deep South USA! Alabama, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee have all these in abundance. So get organising that itinerary - with a little help from us, of course!
Planning the perfect Deep South holiday can be a daunting undertaking; there really is just so much to choose from. Here's our low-down of what these States have to offer, so you can decide which to incorporate in that holiday of a lifetime.
The front porch of the South...AKA The Bluegrass State.
- Horses, bourbon and bluegrass are its well-known signatures, but the Commonwealth of Kentucky has so much more to offer; it also has the finest in dining, arts, entertainment, history and thrilling outdoor adventure as well.
- Visitors are spoilt for choice with so many amazing attractions: there's the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, or you can tour a Thoroughbred horse farm. If history is your thing, you can follow the Lincoln Heritage Trail which features twenty sites linked to the incredible life of Abraham Lincoln.
- Trace the iconic rise of "The Greatest of All Time" Muhammad Ali, with a tour of his native town Louisville.
- 95% of "America's Native Spirit" is distilled, aged and bottled in Kentucky. Learn about this fascinating industry with tours of distilleries along the Kentucky Bourbon Trail.
No matter the reason for your Deep South visit - whether for relaxation, outdoor adventure, great music or a history lesson - it's all right here in TN...
- Tennessee features the big city lights of Nashville, Memphis, Chattanooga and Knoxville, small town squares and pristine waterways.
- Here's where you'll find the world's No.1 whiskey at the Jack Daniel Distillery.
- For lovers of the outdoors, here's where you'll find America's most visited national park, the breathtaking Great Smoky Mountains.
Get to the real 'Heart of Dixie'...Alabama has been at the crossroads of American history since the very beginning.
- See Civil War battlefields, tour antebellum mansions or visit take the Civil Rights Circle Tour of Montgomery, Selma and Birmingham, where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and many others changed the nation and the world in its wake.
- Explore the final frontier in Huntsville's U.S. Space & Rocket Center, the largest space attraction on the planet.
- Got rhythm? Meet the King of Country Music Hank Williams and hear the stories behind the music of Muscle Shoals' FAME studios. You'll be singing 'Sweet Home Alabama' all year long.
From the foothills of the Appalachians to the miles of sandy coast, the diverse terrain of Mississippi really does have something for every type of traveller...
- Soak up the thrilling live music, history, outdoor fun and authentic down-home cooking.
- There's a lot to love between the lush Mississippi Delta and the year-round sunny Gulf Coast beaches.
- Explore the beautiful, historic Natchez Trace Parkway, or look for more than 190 markers along the Mississippi Blues Trail.
- Remember to find your way to the Elvis Presley Birthplace in Tupelo, the new GRAMMY Museum Mississippi and the spectacular B.B.King Museum & Delta Interpretive Center.
In Louisiana, you pick your passion and let the good times roll...
- The Pelican State has a unique blend of food, music, history, sports and nature at their best, steeped in the colourful legacy of the French, Spanish, British, Caribbean and African cultures.
- Discover bayous and gators in the Southern great outdoors. And tour the historic towns and stately plantation homes while you're at it.
- Immerse yourself in the lively culture of places like Shreveport, Baton Rouge, Lake Charles, and Lafayette. Not to forget vibrant New Orleans - the birthplace of jazz and home to Mardi Gras and the stunningly beautiful French Quarter.